From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] One hard drive much slower for some reason.
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 06:27:33
1 On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 12:26 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I am in the process of moving my OS from drive to drive and thought I would
3 > test to see which drive is the fastest. I got some strange results when I
4 > tested them One drive is MUCH slower than the others on the buffered disk
5 > reads but I can't see any reason why that would be so.
6
7 Check dmesg to see if the drives show any differences...
8
9 If they are SATA drives check to see if there is a jumper which forces
10 it into "compatibility" mode, slow mode, something like that...
11
12 If they are SATA and you use an intel chipset motherboard check to be
13 sure that the SATA header of that drive is set to AHCI and not IDE
14 mode...
15
16 Those are just ideas, things I have encountered. :)