From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Death of KDE-4?
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 16:42:11
1 On Wednesday 25 May 2016 09:51:19 Andrés Becerra Sandoval wrote:
2
3 > I have just synced and I have no problems. Are you sure to have masked
4 > plasma 5 suff?
5 >
6 > My masks are:
7 >
8 > kde-plasma/*
9 > kde-frameworks/*:5
10 > kde-apps/*:5
11 > kde-misc/*:5
12 >
13 > >=kde-apps/kde4-l10n-16.04.1
14
15 I didn't actually have anything in package.mask, but I've now copied in your
16 entries - thanks!
17
18 I think the error was at my end. My method is to run emerge --sync with a
19 little box on the LAN as portage rsync server, which syncs overnight on a
20 cron job. Sometimes the sync goes in two passes: file copies and file
21 deletions. When that happens, portage reports exhausted addresses for the
22 server when starting the second pass, so I have a lot of files left over that
23 should have been deleted. I think that happened today and I didn't notice.
24
25 One of these days I'll find out why that failure happens.
28 Rgds
29 Peter