From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Death of KDE-4?
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 08:48:27
1 On Wednesday 25 May 2016 17:41:58 I wrote:
2
3 > I think the error was at my end. My method is to run emerge --sync with a
4 > little box on the LAN as portage rsync server, which syncs overnight on a
5 > cron job. Sometimes the sync goes in two passes: file copies and file
6 > deletions. When that happens, portage reports exhausted addresses for the
7 > server when starting the second pass, so I have a lot of files left over
8 > that should have been deleted. I think that happened today and I didn't
9 > notice.
10
11 Wrong again. It was having no package.mask that caused it. I'll just have to
12 put up with the long lists of unnecessary masks output by eix-test-obsolete.
15 Rgds
16 Peter