From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] who needs Java ?
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 14:37:15
1 110815 Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/index.php?title=Java_and_OpenOffice.org&oldid=154444
3
4 Thanks & to the others who replied.
5
6 I deleted 'java' from the make.conf USE list
7 & recompiled Libreoffice (latest testing) + Cups + 2 deps for KDE3.
8 Printing is ok from LO & Vim (via the Printdialog extension);
9 LO help calls up a WWW page, which doesn't help,
10 but I've downloaded 2 PDFs with the help for Writer + Calc,
11 which sb better than the rather clumsy version included inside OO ;
12 the 2 KDE3 apps continue to start (Kmahjongg Kworldclock).
13
14 Emerge throws out a dire warning re compiling LO without Java,
15 but doesn't say exactly what the dire results wb.
19 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
20 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
21 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca