From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] who needs Java ?
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 14:16:19
1 Am 15.08.2011 16:05, schrieb Philip Webb:
2 > 110815 Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >> I removed Java from my USE for LO + gnome and gtk too
4 >> and have not yet seen any ill-effects.
5 >> The last time I read a definitive statement on Java for OOo
6 >> was early in the 2.0 series,
7 >> when it mentioned database connectivity as the prime thing that used it,
8 >> as in Base, the Access-like db front-end thingy
9 >
10 > yes, i recall reading that Java was necessary to use OO's database.
11 > however, i have no use for that in the foreseeable future.
12 >
13 > does anyone else know whether Java is needed for LO's database stuff ?
14 >
15 > so far, it looks as if i shd remove the USE flag,
16 > recompile the relevant pkgs & see what happens when i try using them.
17 >
18 > further comments still very welcome & thanks for those so far.
21 This should apply:
22 http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/index.php?title=Java_and_OpenOffice.org&oldid=154444
23
24 Hope this helps,