From: Jeff Smelser <tradergt@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HyperThreading won't activate
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 21:20:11
1 On Wednesday 19 October 2005 10:55 pm, Statux wrote:
2
3 > I've got a 3.0GHz P4 with HyperThreading (Intel 531 processor for those
4 > of you who know of the Intel Processor Numbers) - kernel 2.6.13. I've
5 > enabled SMP and the HT scheduling option in the kernel config along with
6 > ACPI as I was told that it's a requirement in order to get HT to work.
7 > Yes, HT is enabled in BIOS. After compiling, installing, rebooting, etc,
8 > I don't see any changes. This is what /proc/cpuinfo shows:
9
10 This sounds kinda dumb, but I would pull out a gentoo live CD and see if it
11 detects it. If it doesnt, there is something bios/hardware wise wrong with
12 your setup, if it does, we can start going through kernel wise..
13
14 It always helps to eliminate things.
15
16 Jeff