From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] skype masked because of eula?
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 20:28:48
1 On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 10:14:27AM -0800, Grant wrote:
2 > I'm doing all of my testing with net-wireless/broadcom-sta.
3 >
4 > package.license seems to unmask the package which otherwise won't
5 > emerge. ACCEPT_LICENSE does negate the need manually accept the
6 > license. So they seem to perform different functions. skype will
7 > still emerge without package.license? Maybe there's a difference in
8 > the license which is responsible for the different behavior?
9
10 That's odd. You say that ACCEPT_LICENSE negates the need to manually
11 accept the license, yet package.license does not? You should file a
12 bug about this: per 'man portage'
13
14 package.license
15 This will allow ACCEPT_LICENSE to be augmented for a sin‐
16 gle package.
17
18 Format:
19 - comment lines begin with # (no inline comments)
20 - one DEPEND atom per line followed by additional licenses or groups
21
22 I read this to mean that they should behave the same way.
23
24 The design philosophy of ACCEPT_LICENSE vs package.license seems to be the same as ACCEPT_KEYWORD vs package.keyword ...
25
26 Curious.
27
28 W
29 --
30 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
31 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
32 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton