From: Todd Goodman <tsg@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X Freezes With Firefox on Many Post 2.6.38 Kernels
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 14:38:30
1 * Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> [110726 09:46]:
2 > Todd Goodman wrote:
3 > >
4 > > I'll let you know if I see anything that looks related. It would be
5 > > interesting if going back to 2.6.38 is a temp fix for you. I know you'd
6 > > tried older kernels before but...
7 > > Todd
11 > This makes me wonder. I have went all the way back to 2.6.35-r15 and it
12 > does the same thing. Could it be that my problem is unrelated?
13
14 It's certainly possible it's unrelated. Or it could be something
15 similar and the other bug reporter made a mistake bisecting or didn't run
16 long enough to fail with that bisection. It's possibly a lot of things
17 since we don't have enough information.
20 > Also, I copied my current config over and ran make oldconfig. Since I
21 > am actually downgrading, would that work the same way or would it have
22 > settings that no longer apply and may muck things up?
23
24 I don't think that would work OK (but don't know for sure.) In most
25 cases it would probably work OK as I believe unused parameters will
26 be ignored. But if a parameter was removed or the meaning changed then
27 you might have a problem (unlikely I'd guess, but I don't know.)
28
29 Todd
32 > Dale
33 >