From: Andrey Falko <ma3oxuct@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Asus Eee Gentoo install - no CD drive
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 15:45:07
1 On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 8:16 AM, Robert Bridge <robert@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 08:01:51 -0700
3 > Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> I'm very familiar with installing Gentoo via LiveCD, but I'm not sure
6 >> how to go about it without a CD drive. I'm sure there are many exotic
7 >> options to choose from, but I'd rather not have to learn too much new
8 >> stuff to get this done. Can anyone recommend a simple method? I have
9 >> a wired/wireless LAN/internet connection and 3 systems on the LAN
10 >> running Gentoo. No USB drive though.
11 >
12 > If you already have a linux install on the machine, you could install
13 > from that.
14 >
15 > --
16 > Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
17 > See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
20 I'd just network boot it: http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Gentoo_Diskless_Install