From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] module questions
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 15:41:01
1 Hi group,
2
3 This appears at the bottom of the console when I
4 startx:
5
6 [...]
7 (==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
8 Using vt 7
9 (WW) RADEON: No matching Device section for instance
10 (BusID PCI:1:0:1)
11 found
12 Symbol drmGetClient from module
13 /usr/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.o is
14 unresolved!
15
16 The module *does* exist at the given location but when
17 I try to modprobe it I get "file not found" error.
18 Even when I give modprobe the complete path.
19
20 Now, X opens OK, so I don't even know if there is a
21 problem. The questions are, what is the difference
22 between the *.o modules under /usr/lib/modules and the
23 *.ko modules under /lib/modules/<uname>, and why can't
24 modprobe handle them?
25
26 Thanks,
27
28 -MW
32 Do You Yahoo!?
33 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
34 http://mail.yahoo.com
35 --
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list