From: Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage 2.1 weirdness
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 20:59:14
1 Mick wrote:
2
3 > On 11/06/06, Kristian Poul Herkild <kristian@×××××××.dk> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Hmm... after having updated to portage 2.1 which has become stable, I
6 >> get this weird output from emerge and revdep-rebuild:
7 >
8 > [snip . . . ]
9 >
10 >> Recompiling that much (especially OpenOffice) just because of an update
11 >> to Portage seems quite excessive to me.
14 > As I understand it (I'm sure this has been covered in GWN, forums,
15 > etc.) USE flags which had been set automatically by certain packages
16 > are no longer valid universally. Therefore, either add those USE
17 > flags missing (e.g. ldap & mozilla for OOo) in your /etc/make.conf, or
18 > if you only want them for a particular package add them in
19 > /etc/portage/package.use.
20 >
21 > HTH
24 Well, I noticed that when I ran revdep-rebuild -p mine wanted to
25 reemerge gcc too, so I let it. Then I went back and ran revdep-rebuild
26 again and it still wants to reemerge gcc. I did the next thing I could
27 think of and did a emerge -e system. When I ran revdep-rebuild -p again
28 afterwards, it wanted to reemerge gcc again.
29
30 Same as the OP, why does it want to go in circles reemerging gcc?? :-/
31
32 Dale
34 --
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list