From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage 2.1 weirdness
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 20:33:48
1 On 11/06/06, Kristian Poul Herkild <kristian@×××××××.dk> wrote:
2
3 > Hmm... after having updated to portage 2.1 which has become stable, I
4 > get this weird output from emerge and revdep-rebuild:
5 [snip . . . ]
6 > Recompiling that much (especially OpenOffice) just because of an update
7 > to Portage seems quite excessive to me.
8
9 As I understand it (I'm sure this has been covered in GWN, forums,
10 etc.) USE flags which had been set automatically by certain packages
11 are no longer valid universally. Therefore, either add those USE
12 flags missing (e.g. ldap & mozilla for OOo) in your /etc/make.conf, or
13 if you only want them for a particular package add them in
14 /etc/portage/package.use.
15
16 HTH
17 --