From: Kristian Poul Herkild <kristian@×××××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage 2.1 weirdness
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 20:59:47
1 Mick wrote:
2 > On 11/06/06, Kristian Poul Herkild <kristian@×××××××.dk> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hmm... after having updated to portage 2.1 which has become stable, I
5 >> get this weird output from emerge and revdep-rebuild:
6 > [snip . . . ]
7 >> Recompiling that much (especially OpenOffice) just because of an update
8 >> to Portage seems quite excessive to me.
9 >
10 > As I understand it (I'm sure this has been covered in GWN, forums,
11 > etc.) USE flags which had been set automatically by certain packages
12 > are no longer valid universally. Therefore, either add those USE
13 > flags missing (e.g. ldap & mozilla for OOo) in your /etc/make.conf, or
14 > if you only want them for a particular package add them in
15 > /etc/portage/package.use.
16 >
17 > HTH
18
19 Thank you :)
20
21 That explains it.
22 'ldap' and 'mozilla' added to make.conf.
23
24 I wonder why I didn't have them there already. Oh well.. fire up nano!
25
26 -Kristian Herkild
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list