From: Michael Vetter <michael.vetter@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: new install using lxdeL no `run' cmd
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 17:06:53
1 > lxde is deprecated, imho. [1]
2 >
3 > lxqt is the future of that lineage [2]
4 > [1] http://sourceforge.net/p/lxde/mailman/message/32927295/
5 > [2] http://lxqt.org/
6
7 LXDE is still in development, LXQt is just a new project by some people
8 who also developed LXDE. [3]
9
10 > When pressing the all important `run' item in the lxde main menu (at
11 left of bottom panel), it does nothing more than flash the bottom panel.
12
13 I am not a LXDE user so I am not quite sure what the "run" item is. In
14 case it's the main menu you might try right clicking on the menu and go
15 set a .menu file. At least that is what I had to do in LXQt.
16
17 Good luck.
18 Michael
19