From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] This nite's switch to "full multilib"
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 12:09:56
1 On Sun, 05 Apr 2015 04:41:33 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > > I got into that situation once, you just need to bite the bullet and
4 > > work through the output. It's not as bad as it looks as the same
5 > > entry can cause multiple reports, so once you clean up a couple of
6 > > entries the output can get significantly shorter.
7 > >
8 > > It's like being a teenager again, the longer you leave tidying your
9 > > room, the longer it takes when your mum makes you do it :)
13 > Well, just for giggles I ran it. Ain't no way I got time to go through
14 > all that right now. Heck, it took several minutes for it to just to go
15 > through all that stuff. O_O
16
17 Then don't. Just clean up the output from one of the tests, the one with
18 the shortest output if you prefer.
19
20 Or leave /etc/portage full of cruft and crap and fix any problem it may
21 cause later on, when you have even less time ;-)
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 Secret hacker rule #11: hackers read manuals.