From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] This nite's switch to "full multilib"
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 09:41:44
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 05 Apr 2015 02:24:13 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >>>> It seems you can't win with that thing. LOL
5 >>> You can win, by running it reasonably often and actually doing
6 >>> something about the output. Ignore a few lines and they soon become a
7 >>> few more, and then a few more still...
8 >> Thing is, it seems to grow faster than I can clean up. I'm scared to
9 >> even run it now. It would likely take me a week to get a clean output.
10 >> ROFL It's been a long time since I ran it. I may be better off to move
11 >> the files, see what emerge wants to change and add stuff back. Just
12 >> saying.
13 > I got into that situation once, you just need to bite the bullet and work
14 > through the output. It's not as bad as it looks as the same entry can
15 > cause multiple reports, so once you clean up a couple of entries the
16 > output can get significantly shorter.
17 >
18 > It's like being a teenager again, the longer you leave tidying your room,
19 > the longer it takes when your mum makes you do it :)
23 Well, just for giggles I ran it. Ain't no way I got time to go through
24 all that right now. Heck, it took several minutes for it to just to go
25 through all that stuff. O_O
26
27 Maybe one day. Maybe.
28