From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] This nite's switch to "full multilib"
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 09:07:43
1 On Sun, 05 Apr 2015 02:24:13 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > >> It seems you can't win with that thing. LOL
4 > > You can win, by running it reasonably often and actually doing
5 > > something about the output. Ignore a few lines and they soon become a
6 > > few more, and then a few more still...
7
8 > Thing is, it seems to grow faster than I can clean up. I'm scared to
9 > even run it now. It would likely take me a week to get a clean output.
10 > ROFL It's been a long time since I ran it. I may be better off to move
11 > the files, see what emerge wants to change and add stuff back. Just
12 > saying.
13
14 I got into that situation once, you just need to bite the bullet and work
15 through the output. It's not as bad as it looks as the same entry can
16 cause multiple reports, so once you clean up a couple of entries the
17 output can get significantly shorter.
18
19 It's like being a teenager again, the longer you leave tidying your room,
20 the longer it takes when your mum makes you do it :)
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 Member, National Association For Tagline Assimilators (NAFTA)