From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] This nite's switch to "full multilib"
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 07:24:24
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 04 Apr 2015 07:33:06 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >>>> eix-test-obsolete
5 >>> Many thanks, it certainly seems to.
6 >>>
7 >>> It seems to do a bit more besides, unruly in its verboseness, but I
8 >>> won't bother trying to interpret the rest of its output.
9 >> It's one reason I don't use it much. It spits out so much, it's about
10 >> overwhelming. Then again, it is usually pointing out the stuff that is
11 >> no longer needed in some file somewhere. Also, the longer you wait
12 >> between runs, the more it spits out.
13 >>
14 >> It seems you can't win with that thing. LOL
15 > You can win, by running it reasonably often and actually doing something
16 > about the output. Ignore a few lines and they soon become a few more, and
17 > then a few more still...
21 Thing is, it seems to grow faster than I can clean up. I'm scared to
22 even run it now. It would likely take me a week to get a clean output.
23 ROFL It's been a long time since I ran it. I may be better off to move
24 the files, see what emerge wants to change and add stuff back. Just
25 saying.
26
27 One thing tho, having fewer stuff in those files may speed emerge up
28 just a tiny amount. ;-)
29
30 Dale
31