From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xterm menu
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 22:39:45
1 Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 7:49 PM, lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
4 >
5 >>>>
6 >>> The menu has the same fonts when the first in the path is
7 >>> /usr/share/fonts/100dpi or /usr/share/fonts/Type1/; when
8 >>> /usr/share/fonts/75dpi it uses smaller fonts. So it seems that it
9 >>> wants /usr/share/fonts/?dpi. But if /usr/share/fonts/misc/ comes
10 >>> first, xterm crashes.
11 >>
12 >> That sounds like a bug in xterm, picking a font that makes it crash,
13 >> depending on in which order they appear (are being searched through).
14 >>
15 >> Even when there is a buggy font it picks, it shouldn't crash.
16 >>
17 > Sure, but it doesn't seem to happen to anyone else. I'm reluctant to
18 > blame the software if I'm not sure I didn't do something wrong...
19
20 Compiling a version of xterm with debugging info or using strace on it
21 might give a hint as to where things go wrong. Perhaps it is a
22 particular font, or something not related to fonts at all.