From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xterm menu
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 09:02:13
1 On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 7:49 PM, lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
2
3 >>>
4 >> The menu has the same fonts when the first in the path is
5 >> /usr/share/fonts/100dpi or /usr/share/fonts/Type1/; when
6 >> /usr/share/fonts/75dpi it uses smaller fonts. So it seems that it
7 >> wants /usr/share/fonts/?dpi. But if /usr/share/fonts/misc/ comes
8 >> first, xterm crashes.
9 >
10 > That sounds like a bug in xterm, picking a font that makes it crash,
11 > depending on in which order they appear (are being searched through).
12 >
13 > Even when there is a buggy font it picks, it shouldn't crash.
14 >
15 Sure, but it doesn't seem to happen to anyone else. I'm reluctant to
16 blame the software if I'm not sure I didn't do something wrong...
17
18 Jorge