From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what about dracut and systemd?
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 10:18:14
1 On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 12:47 AM, John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Fri, 28 Jul 2017 22:01:24 -0400,
3 > Rich Freeman wrote:
4 >>
5 >> On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 9:47 PM, John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
6 >> > On Fri, 28 Jul 2017 21:13:24 -0400,
7 >> >
8 >> > I wonder if its because I am still using rsync to sync the portage
9 >> > directory? There are no changelogs anywhere! or nothing by that name.
10 >> >
11 >>
12 >> Ah, looks like they were removed entirely from rsync. It was months
13 >> ago and I don't use rsync so I'd half forgotten what the outcome was.
14 >>
15 >> There is apparently an rsync repository that only contains Changelogs
16 >> if you want them, but honestly it is probably easier to just check git
17 >> logs. If you run git whatchanged path you'll get the equivalent of
18 >> the Changelog for that path.
19 >
20 > If I do that I get the following: fatal: Not a git repository (or any
21 > parent up to mount point /usr)
22 > Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not
23 > set).
26 This only works in a git repository.
27
28 cd /var/tmp
29 git clone https://github.com/gentoo-mirror/gentoo.git
30 cd gentoo/cat/package
31 git whatchanged .
32
33 You can also just browse the history online:
34 https://github.com/gentoo-mirror/gentoo
35
36 Browse to the desired directory, and then hit the history button.
39 Rich