From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what about dracut and systemd?
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 11:24:22
1 On Sat, 29 Jul 2017 06:17:31 -0400,
2 Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >
4 > On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 12:47 AM, John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > On Fri, 28 Jul 2017 22:01:24 -0400,
6 > > Rich Freeman wrote:
7 > >>
8 > >> On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 9:47 PM, John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
9 > >> > On Fri, 28 Jul 2017 21:13:24 -0400,
10 > >> >
11 > >> > I wonder if its because I am still using rsync to sync the portage
12 > >> > directory? There are no changelogs anywhere! or nothing by that name.
13 > >> >
14 > >>
15 > >> Ah, looks like they were removed entirely from rsync. It was months
16 > >> ago and I don't use rsync so I'd half forgotten what the outcome was.
17 > >>
18 > >> There is apparently an rsync repository that only contains Changelogs
19 > >> if you want them, but honestly it is probably easier to just check git
20 > >> logs. If you run git whatchanged path you'll get the equivalent of
21 > >> the Changelog for that path.
22 > >
23 > > If I do that I get the following: fatal: Not a git repository (or any
24 > > parent up to mount point /usr)
25 > > Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not
26 > > set).
29 > This only works in a git repository.
30 >
31 > cd /var/tmp
32 > git clone https://github.com/gentoo-mirror/gentoo.git
33 > cd gentoo/cat/package
34 > git whatchanged .
35 >
36 > You can also just browse the history online:
37 > https://github.com/gentoo-mirror/gentoo
38 >
39 > Browse to the desired directory, and then hit the history button.
40
41 OK, I changed to a git repository and did a git whatchanged, but in
42 the directory I was looking at namely sys-kernel/dracut, I just got a
43 generated commit from about the time I created the repository and none
44 of the previous history. Maybe from now on I will get something
45 better.
46
47 Thanks again.
50 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
51 How do
52 you spend it?
53
54 John Covici