From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what about dracut and systemd?
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 20:05:56
1 On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 4:24 AM, John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > OK, I changed to a git repository and did a git whatchanged, but in
3 > the directory I was looking at namely sys-kernel/dracut, I just got a
4 > generated commit from about the time I created the repository and none
5 > of the previous history. Maybe from now on I will get something
6 > better.
9 If you obtained your repository by editing repos.conf then you also
10 need to set sync-depth = 0 if you want to actually get any history.
11 By default portage will not pull any history when syncing git. I'm
12 not sure if it will fetch the old history or not if you add it after
13 the initial sync. The default is intended to keep the size down while
14 allowing more efficient syncs (git is more efficient than rsync if you
15 are doing frequent updates).
16
17 If you just do a git clone then you should get everything by default.
20 Rich