From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what about dracut and systemd?
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 02:58:43
1 On Sat, 29 Jul 2017 16:05:49 -0400,
2 Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >
4 > On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 4:24 AM, John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > OK, I changed to a git repository and did a git whatchanged, but in
6 > > the directory I was looking at namely sys-kernel/dracut, I just got a
7 > > generated commit from about the time I created the repository and none
8 > > of the previous history. Maybe from now on I will get something
9 > > better.
12 > If you obtained your repository by editing repos.conf then you also
13 > need to set sync-depth = 0 if you want to actually get any history.
14 > By default portage will not pull any history when syncing git. I'm
15 > not sure if it will fetch the old history or not if you add it after
16 > the initial sync. The default is intended to keep the size down while
17 > allowing more efficient syncs (git is more efficient than rsync if you
18 > are doing frequent updates).
19 >
20 > If you just do a git clone then you should get everything by default.
21
22 Well, clone-depth = 0 gave me a syntax error and it said in the
23 portage manpage
24 clone-depth
25 Specifies
26 clone
27 depth
28 to use
29 for
30 DVCS
31 repositories. Defaults
32 to 1
33 (only
34 the
35 newest
36 commit). If
37 set to
38 0, the
39 depth
40 is
41 unlimited.
42
43 So, maybe I have to do just a git clone by hand?
46 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
47 How do
48 you spend it?
49
50 John Covici