From: "Sebastian Günther" <samson@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USE flag question
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 06:29:35
1 * »Q« (boxcars@×××.net) [14.07.08 01:16]:
2 > A few days ago, I used eselect to switch profiles, from
3 > default-linux/x86/2007.0/desktop to default/linux/x86/2008.0/desktop.
6 As I did...
7
8 > A lot of USE flags were removed from my make.conf, including
9 > the cpu-optimizations such as sse and mmx. After re-compiling a few
10 > things and getting warnings from the ebuilds that video and audio
11 > playback would be choppy without those flags, I put them back into my
12 > flags in make.conf. If I use ufed to manage the flags, as I'm used to
13 > doing, it takes them back out when I save changes.
16 ufed is the bad guy, I think the stable version is not able to handle
17 the new profile layout correctly.
18
19 > It seems strange to me that the profile switch should affect these
20 > flags. I think I'm overlooking/misunderstanding something, but I'm
21 > not sure what to ask. Any enlightenment (including links to
22 > enlightenment) would be appreciated.
25 Use ufed-0.40-r10 from ~ and your use flags are not getting removed.
26
27 HTH
28 Sebastian
31 " Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. " Karl Marx
32
33 SEB@STI@N GÜNTHER mailto:samson@××××××××××××××××.de