From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is my system (really) using nptl
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 12:53:18
1 On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 7:15 AM, Timur Aydin <ta@××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On 10/13/12 04:11, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >> Take look here. The answer is, I think, not necessarily.
4 >>
5 >> http://www.makelinux.net/alp/032
8 > Hello Mark,
9 >
10 > Thank you for the link to an excellent book. However, it seems the book
11 > is talking about linuxthreads by Xavier Leroy, not nptl. I am well aware
12 > that linuxthreads uses LWP's to implement threads and as a result, each
13 > thread has a separate, unique pid.
14 >
15 > I did a few more tests using gdb and my simple app. I am seeing the
16 > SIG32 signal and the lack of the manager threads. So everything hints
17 > that I am indeed using nptl, but the separate process id's still doesn't
18 > make sense...
19
20 I'm a little late to the conversation...but is there an NPTL-directed
21 sample program somewhere you can use as a baseline? i.e., to be able
22 to say, "if this works, I know NPTL does, and I know what an NPTL
23 program looks like at the system level."
26 :wq