From: Timur Aydin <ta@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is my system (really) using nptl
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 11:18:09
1 On 10/13/12 04:11, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Take look here. The answer is, I think, not necessarily.
3 >
4 > http://www.makelinux.net/alp/032
7 Hello Mark,
8
9 Thank you for the link to an excellent book. However, it seems the book
10 is talking about linuxthreads by Xavier Leroy, not nptl. I am well aware
11 that linuxthreads uses LWP's to implement threads and as a result, each
12 thread has a separate, unique pid.
13
14 I did a few more tests using gdb and my simple app. I am seeing the
15 SIG32 signal and the lack of the manager threads. So everything hints
16 that I am indeed using nptl, but the separate process id's still doesn't
17 make sense...
20 Timur