From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Timur Aydin <ta@××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is my system (really) using nptl
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 12:10:57
1 Am Samstag, 13. Oktober 2012, 14:15:50 schrieb Timur Aydin:
2 > On 10/13/12 04:11, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 > > Take look here. The answer is, I think, not necessarily.
4 > >
5 > > http://www.makelinux.net/alp/032
6 >
7 > Hello Mark,
8 >
9 > Thank you for the link to an excellent book. However, it seems the book
10 > is talking about linuxthreads by Xavier Leroy, not nptl. I am well aware
11 > that linuxthreads uses LWP's to implement threads and as a result, each
12 > thread has a separate, unique pid.
13 >
14 > I did a few more tests using gdb and my simple app. I am seeing the
15 > SIG32 signal and the lack of the manager threads. So everything hints
16 > that I am indeed using nptl, but the separate process id's still doesn't
17 > make sense...
18
19 or you made a mistake somewhere in your app.
22 #163933