From: "Liebich
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] How to get Java 1.3 SDK ebuilds...
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:11:40
1 Hi,
4 From: Neil Bothwick [mailto:neil@××××××××××.uk]
5
6 >On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 08:43:21 -0700, Richard Fish wrote:
7
8 >> You can pull the ebuilds out of /var/db/pkg/ on your old system and
9 >> put them in your local overlay.
10
11 >Be aware that /var/db/pkg only contains the ebuilds, not any other files
12 >needed from /usr/portage, such as patches, so this only works for a
13 >limited number of packages.
14
15 Another idea - would it be a good idea to quickpkg the 1.3 JDKs on my OLD system (where they are installed) and move them over to the new system? But then I would not get updated - but as the ebuilds (and JAVA 1.3 general) are unmaintained anyways, what the hell :-)
16 Comments?

winmail.dat application/ms-tnef