From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to get Java 1.3 SDK ebuilds...
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:48:26
1 On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 10:02:43 +0200, Liebich, Wolfgang wrote:
2
3 > >Be aware that /var/db/pkg only contains the ebuilds, not any other
4 > >files needed from /usr/portage, such as patches, so this only works
5 > >for a limited number of packages.
6 >
7 > Another idea - would it be a good idea to quickpkg the 1.3 JDKs on my
8 > OLD system (where they are installed) and move them over to the new
9 > system? But then I would not get updated - but as the ebuilds (and JAVA
10 > 1.3 general) are unmaintained anyways, what the hell :-)
11
12 That should work if the two systems run equivalent CFLAGS and USE. Copy
13 over the packages and ebuilds and install with emerge -k.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 This message has been cruelly tested on sweet little furry animals.