From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OpenOffice weirdness
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 15:44:41
1 Hemmann, Volker Armin <volker.armin.hemmann <at> tu-clausthal.de> writes:
4 > > OpenOffice has worked wonderfully for me for some time now,
5 > > On both these versions: 2.0.1-r1 and 2.0.2-r2 same problem:
6 > >
7 > > ooffice2 lauches the apps just fine. When I go to save a document as a
8 > > '.doc' file I get a Sorry-OpenOffice popup window that locks up my entire
9 > > KDE session.
10
11 > > The popup error message is:
12 > > " Could not find mine type
13 > > application/octet-stream"
14
15 > app-misc/mime-types
16 > Latest version available: 5
17
18 > x11-misc/shared-mime-info
19 > Latest version available: 0.17-r2
20
21 > solves your problem?
22
23 Both are installed and make absolutely no difference to the previous
24 itemized problems and weirdness. I've reinstalled everything and ran
25 'revdep-rebuild -p'
26 The system is clean no problems.
27
28 No ideas what to try next...