From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OpenOffice weirdness
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:00:17
1 On Thursday 27 April 2006 18:11, James wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > OpenOffice has worked wonderfully for me for some time now, until just
5 > yesterday. I do not use openoffice regularly so I not sure which update
6 > caused the problem.
7 >
8 > On both these versions: 2.0.1-r1 and 2.0.2-r2
9 >
10 > I get the same problem:
11 >
12 > ooffice2 lauches the apps just fine. When I go to save a document as a
13 > '.doc' file I get a Sorry-OpenOffice popup window that locks up my entire
14 > KDE session.
15 >
16 > The popup error message is:
17 > " Could not find mine type
18 > application/octet-stream"
21 maybe this:
22 app-misc/mime-types
23 Latest version available: 5
24 Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
25 Size of downloaded files: 6 kB
26 Homepage: http://www.gentoo.org/
28 License: GPL-2
31 or this: