From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OpenOffice weirdness
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:29:21
1 Hello,
2
3 OpenOffice has worked wonderfully for me for some time now, until just yesterday.
4 I do not use openoffice regularly so I not sure which update caused the problem.
5
6 On both these versions: 2.0.1-r1 and 2.0.2-r2
7
8 I get the same problem:
9
10 ooffice2 lauches the apps just fine. When I go to save a document as a
11 '.doc' file I get a Sorry-OpenOffice popup window that locks up my entire
12 KDE session.
13
14 The popup error message is:
15 " Could not find mine type
16 application/octet-stream"
17
18 I can move the mouse cursor around the screen but everything else is lock up. I
19 have to ssh into the system from a remote machine to recovery the desktop....
22 re emerging openoffice, either one of the above versions does not fix the
23 problem. I launch ooffice2 at the command line with:
24
25 'ooffice2' I get this error message, twice:
26
27 'kdeui (kdelibs): ERROR: No such XML file /dev/null
28 kdeui (kdelibs): ERROR: No such XML file /dev/null'
29 and ooffice2 hangs launch.
30
31 kde-base/kdelibs:
32 Installed: 3.4.3-r1 3.5.2-r4
35 When I launch ooffice2 with 'ooffice2 &' it successfully launches
36 and I can create and input data to files. I only have problems when
37 I use 'save' or 'save as'.
38
39 /dev/null has these permissions:
40 crw-rw---- 1 root 1, 3 Jan 20 05:05 /dev/null
41
42 changing permissions to:
43 crw-rw-rw- 1 root 1, 3 Jan 20 05:05 /dev/null
44
45 does not help.....
46
47 ideas?