From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to cross compile Perl for ARM?
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 06:31:37
1 On 10/14/2011 05:15 PM, czernitko wrote:
2 > AFAIK the biggest disadvantage of crossdev-created toolchain, compared
3 > to other cross compilation tools, is that without usage of emulator
4 > (like qemu-user) it is not possible to compile things that use in their
5 > configure scipts checks that need to be run on the target architecture
6 > (like Perl).
7
8 I don't know how the CodeSourcery toolchain was generated so I'm
9 probably missing your point, but with buildroot I easily build the
10 whole rootfs on Gentoo x86 PC. No target emulation at all.
11
12 buildroot takes off of you the burden of patching the configure scripts
13 to properly cross-compile. But, the version of buildroot I used does not
14 include Perl, only 'microperl' (which I did not need so I never compiled).