From: czernitko <czernitko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to cross compile Perl for ARM?
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 15:16:16
1 Hi Raffaele,
2 "Gentoo Cross Development Guide" is deprecated in favour of Gentoo Embedded
3 project, which so far seems to suit my needs. I had a quick look on
4 CodeSourcery's products a few days ago, but in freely available version they
5 don't seem to offer me more than toolchain compiled with crossdev. Maybe I'm
6 wrong and if I'll get stuck I'll give them a go. AFAIK the biggest
7 disadvantage of crossdev-created toolchain, compared to other cross
8 compilation tools, is that without usage of emulator (like qemu-user) it is
9 not possible to compile things that use in their configure scipts checks
10 that need to be run on the target architecture (like Perl).
11 Sticking to arm-none-linux-gnueabi-emerge offers quite a lot of comfort so
12 far, so I'll see where I can get.
13 Thanks for your tips!
14
15 Peter