From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to cross compile Perl for ARM?
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 14:06:49
1 On 10/14/2011 01:14 PM, czernitko wrote:
2 > Hello!
3 > I started playing a little bit with cross compilation for ARM
4 > architecture. Using crossdev I created a toolchain for
5 > arm-none-linux-gnueabi tuple.
6 > Now I'd like to emerge some more packages, but perl constantly refuses
7 > to emerge and it is needed by many packages.
8
9 Not a direct answer to your question, but I managed to cross-build a
10 functional linux rootfs (including X11/Xfbdev and QTEmbedded) for ARM
11 using buildroot. I found buildroot much easier to use than trying to
12 follow the now-deprecated "Gentoo Cross Development Guide".
13 Also, I used CodeSourcery's toolchain instead of building my own.