From: czernitko <czernitko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to cross compile Perl for ARM?
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 14:26:57
1 Hi Raffaele,
2 how far did you get with compiling rootfs? Do you have complete gentoo
3 installation including kernel compiled for ARM? Would it be possible to make
4 vmdk/any other image for Qemu in which it could be run? I guess it would
5 ease quite many things...
6
7 As for my progress: I found out that patches from Cross directory does not
8 work, but configure script has some options for cross compilation so I wrote
9 ebuild with different parameters for perl Configure script. It assumes that
10 you have ARM machine ready on network and with ssh daemon running - it uses
11 ssh to transfer cross compiled binaries, run them remotely and uses the
12 output to continue compiling on host pc. I had no problem with establishing
13 that, but configure script still tries to run few binaries compiled for ARM
14 on my x64 host machine. Fight continues!
15
16 Stay tuned :)
17 Peter
18