From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox occasionally stalls
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 19:16:38
1 Am Thu, 30 Mar 2017 07:39:04 -0500
2 schrieb Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
3
4 > Kai Krakow wrote:
5 > > Am Wed, 29 Mar 2017 17:08:39 -0500
6 > > schrieb Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
7 > >
8 > >> Peter Humphrey wrote:
9 > [...]
10 > [...]
11 > [...]
12 > >> I tried it on one profile I have and it was not good. It slowed
13 > >> Firefox to a crawl. It took a good ten minutes just to get the
14 > >> add-ons manager to open and me to disable Ghostery. Once I did
15 > >> that, it got better. After I restarted Firefox, it was back to
16 > >> normal.
17 > >>
18 > >> I suspect it clashes with another add-on I use. I'm not sure which
19 > >> one so I'll have to play with it when I have more time to spend on
20 > >> it. Right now, forestry and gardening is taking up my time tho.
21 > > This suggests that one of the other addons is your real problem...
25 > How is that? It works fine without Ghostery? What I suspect is
26 > happening, Ghostery and some other addon clashes. I suspect that if I
27 > removed the other addons and installed Ghostery, it would work fine.
28 > After all, if it was as slow as it was when I installed it for
29 > everyone else, people would be complaining, a lot. It renders
30 > Firefox basically unusable. I just don't have time to test it to see
31 > which one it clashes with right now.
32 >
33 > I have quite a few addons installed. This isn't the first time I've
34 > had two addons clash.
35
36 Okay, point for you: The clash is maybe your real problem. ;-)
37
38 But as I read in the other reply, you fixed it by rebuilding some
39 packages. I think I stopped using Firefox completely when those
40 graphics acceleration problems started. BTW, this is even a problem
41 with older Intel drivers in Windows.
42
43 And I eventually also stopped using Firefox because it becomes a
44 sluggish monster with many addons installed. Poor quality addons are a
45 real problem for it.
48 Regards,
49 Kai
50