From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DTV on Laptop
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 21:36:03
1 On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 14:57:55 -0600, Anthony E. Caudel wrote:
2
3 > > I've used a Freecom USB DVB stick with Gentoo, it worked well but I
4 > > didn't try it with HDTV (because we don't have that here).
5
6 > What is the quality of the picture with the Freecom?
7
8 Fine. With DVB it is only spooling the MPEG stream to disk or the player,
9 so one card seems much the same as another. You do need a reasonable
10 antenna tough, although the Freecom worked better with a poorer setup
11 than my Hauppage Nova 500 card, the supplied desktop antenna won't cut it
12 unless you live next door to the transmitter.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 The human mind ordinarily operates at only ten per cent of its
19 capacity ... the rest is overhead for the operating system.