From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo in a tight place
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 16:47:16
1 On Mon, 10 Oct 2005, maxim wexler wrote:
2
3 > Hello everybody,
4 >
5 > That min-install I was talking about failed due to
6 > lack of disk space. I'm trying to install on a 3.2G
7 > drive. Partitions are :
8 > / of 1.47G ext2
9 > /home 1.1G ext2
10 > 500M swap
11 > 100M /boot reiserfs
12 >
13 > I was going to use this disk to help diagnose/repair
14 > the 120G which is down. I guess I don't really need a
15 > /home dir. Is there someway to free up some space on
16 > /home and make it available to /? I'd hate to have to
17 > wipe the disk and start over; it took about two days
18 > straight to download all the files at 2.8K over the
19 > phone line!
20
21 Maybe you can move /usr/portage and /tmp or /var/tmp to /home, set up some
22 sym links and free up some space??
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list