From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Alt-O behavior in midnight commander (mc) has changed
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 01:32:32
1 On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 10:31 AM, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > At some point not very recently, the behavior of Alt-O in Midnight
6 > Commander (mc) has changed. It used to switch the opposite panel to
7 > the same directory as the current panel. Now, it switches the opposite
8 > panel to the parent directory of the current panel. I kept waiting for
9 > it to switch back after some update, but it never has. I'm not sure at
10 > which update it changed, but it has been several months now, I think.
11 >
12 > Is there anyone who experiences this besides me? Is it something I
13 > need to edit (termcap? key bindings? I dunno)
14 >
15 > I'm using mc-4.6.2_pre1 with USE flags "X gpm nls samba unicode"
16 >
17 > Thanks
18
19 So, it turns out I was just using the wrong key the whole time. Alt-o
20 switches to the currently /selected/ directory, but Alt-i switches to
21 the currently /active/ directory. Oops!
22
23 Paul