From: Mateusz Okulus <mmokulus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] qbittorrent crashes after to many files open error
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2022 14:23:39
1 On 22/09/08 05:24PM, Dale wrote:
2 > root@fireball / # cat /etc/security/limits.conf | grep nofile
3 > #        - nofile - max number of open file descriptors
4 > *               hard    nofile          8192
5
6 > I logged out and back in.  I ran the command you shared and it was
7 > indeed set to the new amount.  I'm going to upgrade qbittorrent to the
8 > new version again and test it some more.
9
10 I don't think 8k opened files will be enough for 10TB of torrents. Keep
11 in mind this is more for multi user purpose, in case someone writes and
12 uses a buggy program, so the whole system won't crash for other users.
13 If you just have single user computer it's safe to just set it to the
14 max limit.
15
16 I'm certain it's not a bug in qbittorrent, but rather this limit is just
17 very low by default for you, as I've mentioned for me it was 2^19, and
18 I'm on 512GB laptop.
19
20 Regards,
21 mmokulus