From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] acroread woes
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 03:05:11
1 On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 02:48:08PM +0000, James wrote
2
3 > I've tried MuPDF, but it is a bit spartan and does not (at least
4 > from what I've experienced) allow for simple downloading of the pdf.
5
6 If you right-click on a link in most browsers, you should get a
7 "download" option in the context menu. That's handled by the browser,
8 not mupdf. Now for a couple of mupdf "secrets"...
9
10 1) mupdf does download the file from the web to /tmp. You can find it
11 there with any "file explorer" app, and copy to where you want it.
12
13 2) to select+copy an area of text, hold down the right mouse button
14 whilst dragging the mouse pointer. The selected area is automatically
15 copied to your clipboard.
18 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
19 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications