From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] TTF Fonts
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 15:28:06
1 On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 13:09:39 +0100
2 "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > zou ha scritto:
5 > > I think you could do this right by adding the fonts to fonts:/// (or
6 > > something like this)
7 >
8 > More specifically, I usually install them via Konqueror:
9 > - Start Konqueror
10 > - Type fonts:// on the address bar
11 > - Start another Konqueror window/tab and copy TTF files to the fonts://
12 > window.
13 >
14 > I am sincerely extremly ignorant about what does this mean system wise
15 > (but it works), so if someoen can enlighten us I'd be happy.
16
17 On a previous level of this thread I tell how to install fonts for
18 just the current user: you put them into ~/.fonts/
19
20 What konqueror does is the same thing, but hidding the concrete details
21 to the user (that is what kio-slaves are all about: abstraction, which
22 can be good or bad, as you can see now).
23 --
24 Jesús Guerrero <i92guboj@×××××.es>
25 --
26 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list