From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Really OT now (Re: [gentoo-user] udev + /usr)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 22:37:57
1 On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 6:05 PM, Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Hi Alan,
3 >
4 > On Wednesday, 14. September 2011 21:34:01 Alan Mackenzie wrote:
5 >> I've been contributing to Emacs in general and CC Mode in particular for
6 >> 10 years.  I've been the sole maintainer of CC Mode (the mode used for
7 >> coding in C, C++, Objective C, Java, Awk, and a couple of others, and an
8 >> unknown number of derived modes) for around 5 years.  Over that time I've
9 >> spent thousands of hours on the project.  My latest release was on
10 >> Monday, and you can find it at
11 >> <http://cc-mode.sourceforge.net/release.php>.  If you use {,X}Emacs to
12 >> hack in any these languages, I recommend you to download and install it.
13 >
14 > although I'm a vim-using guy, and that only if no kate is available, I have
15 > emacs and cc-mode installed on every machine I use for coding. At times I even
16 > use it :)
17 > Really cool stuff you do there and thanks for the work.
18
19 It occurred to me that having a decent C and C++ editing environment
20 might ease some of my of the spoilage I've experienced in Visual
21 Studio for C++. I'll be checking it out. It'll mean learning emacs,
22 though...
25 :wq