From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Really OT now (Re: udev + /usr)
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 20:13:55
1 On 09/15/2011 01:35 AM, Michael Mol wrote:
2 > On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 6:05 PM, Michael Schreckenbauer<grimlog@×××.de> wrote:
3 >> Hi Alan,
4 >>
5 >> On Wednesday, 14. September 2011 21:34:01 Alan Mackenzie wrote:
6 >>> I've been contributing to Emacs in general and CC Mode in particular for
7 >>> 10 years. I've been the sole maintainer of CC Mode (the mode used for
8 >>> coding in C, C++, Objective C, Java, Awk, and a couple of others, and an
9 >>> unknown number of derived modes) for around 5 years. Over that time I've
10 >>> spent thousands of hours on the project. My latest release was on
11 >>> Monday, and you can find it at
12 >>> <http://cc-mode.sourceforge.net/release.php>. If you use {,X}Emacs to
13 >>> hack in any these languages, I recommend you to download and install it.
14 >>
15 >> although I'm a vim-using guy, and that only if no kate is available, I have
16 >> emacs and cc-mode installed on every machine I use for coding. At times I even
17 >> use it :)
18 >> Really cool stuff you do there and thanks for the work.
19 >
20 > It occurred to me that having a decent C and C++ editing environment
21 > might ease some of my of the spoilage I've experienced in Visual
22 > Studio for C++. I'll be checking it out. It'll mean learning emacs,
23 > though...
24
25 Qt Creator is the best IDE I've ever used. The main strength is that
26 it's very simple and easy to use, and yet very powerful.
27
28 I've used a lot others too, from DevC++ to Visual Studio, Eclipse and
29 KDevelop. Qt Creator is the only one I actually enjoy working with.
30 With the other, I usually utter some swear word every other minute.