From: Dutch Ingraham <stoa@×××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel does not boot after adding a new SATA drive
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2016 23:23:23
1 On Tue, Sep 06, 2016 at 10:32:35PM +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 7 Sep 2016 00:05:32 +0300, gevisz wrote:
5 > grub-mkconfig doesn't care about the fstab of the running distro since it
6 > scans your drives for all operating systems it can boot.
7 >
8 Sorry if I missed something in this tome, but I was under the impression that
9 a seperate utility, os-prober (or something similar), was needed to scan outside
10 of the current partition. Some distros do not include this type of utility by
11 default, but it has been 3 years since I installed my Gentoo and I just don't
12 remember. Is this off-topic?