From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Smplayer and window title bar
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2018 17:35:39
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 26/12/2018 15:07, Dale wrote:
3 >> On rare occasions, I want to see what video file name I'm watching and
4 >> it isn't showing on the title bar of the window.  In full screen mode,
5 >> nothing shows up as I expect.  When I switch to non-full screen mode,
6 >> usually the file name shows up in the window title bar but at times, it
7 >> is something else.  Sometimes it is just random characters.  Sometimes
8 >> there is some other sort of name there.  I've searched through both
9 >> Smplayer preferences and the windows settings and can't find where that
10 >> is set.  I'd like to set it to ALWAYS show the file name instead of
11 >> something else. Does anyone know where else to look for that setting?
12 >
13 > In the preferences, in the "Advanced" section, there's a checkbox at
14 > the bottom that says "Show tag info in window title." What happens if
15 > you disable it? Stop the video and play it again after changing that
16 > option.
22 That was checked.  That just may be it.  I'll leave it unchecked and see
23 if it happens again.  I have a few videos to check later.  I'm pretty
24 sure one of three or four videos is the broken one.  As I play them,
25 I'll check that to see if it shows that random character thing or the
26 file name.
27
28 Thanks much.  I had, have, no idea what it was/is but when I put my
29 mouse over it, it sounds like the setting I was looking for.  It
30 mentions replacing the name.
31
32 Dale
33