From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Motherboard support?
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 18:27:29
1 James wrote:
2 > Nilesh Govindarajan<contact<at> nileshgr.com> writes:
5 >> These two motherboards came to my notice which support the above
6 >> processor: Gigabyte 880GM - GA 880GM-USB3L& 880GM-USB3
7 > Dunno.
8 >
9 >> How good is Linux support with those? If bad, what other mobos support
10 >> 1075T and Linux support is awesome?
11 > I'm posting a little trick, for new hardware:
12 > /usr/sbin/update-pciids
13 >
14 > (eix update-pciids )
15 >
16 > New hardware often needs the latest in pciids...
17 >
18 > Or USE flag +network-cron which installs a CRON task to
19 > run those utils on a regular basis (once a month or so.
22 > hth,
23 > James
27 I think I'm missing something. If the OP has not bought the mobo yet,
28 how is that going to help? I'm assuming that that is what lspci uses to
29 print out what is on a mobo but I can't figure out how that will work if
30 the mobo is in a box at the store.
31
32 Help a old fart out here. lol
33