From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Motherboard support?
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 13:33:35
1 Nilesh Govindarajan <contact <at> nileshgr.com> writes:
4 > These two motherboards came to my notice which support the above
5 > processor: Gigabyte 880GM - GA 880GM-USB3L & 880GM-USB3
6
7 Dunno.
8
9 > How good is Linux support with those? If bad, what other mobos support
10 > 1075T and Linux support is awesome?
11
12 I'm posting a little trick, for new hardware:
13 /usr/sbin/update-pciids
14
15 (eix update-pciids )
16
17 New hardware often needs the latest in pciids...
18
19 Or USE flag +network-cron which installs a CRON task to
20 run those utils on a regular basis (once a month or so.
23 hth,
24 James